Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What a Difference a Day Makes

It's been over a week since we had our big work day in the yard. I finally got around to taking some "after" shots last night while Peter worked on the yard a little more.

the two men of the house building our wheelbarrow

We got a LOT done, but there is still a lot left to do. We (and by "we" I mean my husband) decided to kick things off by cutting down and digging out all the absolutely dead plants in the yard. No small feat.
Meanwhile, I worked on cutting back the roses and rhododendrons...
We also got some of the leaves raked up.
the backyard is pretty clean now but still needs a face-lift.
and it probably didn't help that that's where we piled all our clippings for now.
Last night, Peter broke out the power tools and tackled the hedges...
backyard before:
backyard after

This weekend, we're hoping to get a lot more work done on the lawn (let's hope the weather clears up again), and then my cousin is coming down to stay a few nights. I'm taking advantage of her spring break to help me watch the little guy so I can finish a few projects that are cluttering the carport and back patio...

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make me happy