Friday, August 27, 2010

One Thing at a Time

This summer, we really haven't gotten much done in the house, what with people visiting and us traveling, and just enjoying the nice weather in general. We decided if we're going to get anything done, we need a better plan then me deciding on a project I like, heading out to the store, buying materials, thinking of another project, heading out to the store, buying materials, repeat, and then finally start working on one random project. Instead, now we've decided to focus on one room at a time, one project at a time. I came up with a work list, and we're starting in the master bedroom and working our way out through the house.

For the last week, my husband has been devoting his free time to installing new lighting in our bedroom (he's finishing up as I type). While I'm waiting to paint the bedroom, I started painting our bathroom. I've got the first coat on in the WC and I've got the blue walls (as opposed to the white walls) primed. I'm hoping to have the bathroom completely painted by the end of the weekend. I'm doing the walls Valspar's Morning Sand in satin (I had over half a gallon leftover from doing the lower half of the dining room). Then, I'll paint the ceiling Valspar's Pale Cowslip 1, which will be the paint in the bedroom when I get to that.

Here's a little peak at what I've gotten done so far...
I really feel like the darker color warms up the space quite a bit. It plays off the colors in the slate really well, too. It makes me excited for how the main part of the bathroom is going to look once that gets painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make me happy