Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A New Pillow, or Four

The covers we've had on our throw pillows in the living room have been in our house since we were married, almost five years ago.  I thought it was time for a change.  Using the green fabric leftover from this project, along with some other coordinating fabrics I "happened" to pick up, combined with some inspiration photos from online, I have four new pillows on our couches.  Well... they look brand new, at least. I can't ever get myself to buy new pillow forms while I still have perfectly good ones on the couch.  

This first picture is from my sister-in-law's blog 
and here is my version: 
 The last three inspiration pillows are all from Anthropologie



 We like things a little off-center in our house... 
 and a close-up of the cummerbund pleats that took me WAY longer than they should have:

They all have envelope closures so they're 1. easier to clean and 2. easier to replace the covers when I get bored of them.  I think they bring a little color and whimsy to the room, if that's not too cliche to say.  Aren't we all ready for spring to really be here, though? 

2 comments:

  1. Good Job! Those really look professionally done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was fun making them. Frustrating at times... but fun. :o)

    ReplyDelete

comments make me happy