Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just a Hutch

Pretty much from the time we got this house, I have been wanting a buffet with hutch and a sideboard for the dining room.  It turns out, they don't generally appear on your doorstep for free.  Back in November, my husband found this set on craigslist for under $100 and we jumped on it. 



 It pretty much sat in our dining room like this until the middle of February... 
 We took off all the hardware and I primed with 2 coats of kilz oil based primer
 Then painted three thin coats of Olympic Premium no-voc paint in Ultra White
Lastly, I coated the back of the hutch with black contact paper
 I reattached all the original hardware, which I actually think looks updated against the fresh white paint.




Now I just need to figure out what to fill it up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make me happy