Friday, February 19, 2010

Settling In

I realized that in my first post I had put up a picture of my doorknob. I figured I should let everyone know that the very first project I did (and I did do it myself) was to change out the doorknobs and deadbolts. Doesn't it look nicer?

As for getting settled in... still working on it. This is a picture of our bonus room, aka where we unloaded our entire storage unit. I promise, I really have made a huge dent in this room. You can tell because not all the piles of boxes are as high as the ones in that far left corner... lots of work to do, lots of work to do... Eventually, this will be the room where Peter can store and play all his music equipment.

On a side note, I thought it would also be appropriate to interject here and say that our dads came down right away for the the first week or so we owned the house and spearheaded a lot of our larger projects. If it weren't for them, we probably wouldn't have been ready for the carpet in time, and who knows where we'd be at this point. Big thanks to them! Also, a big thanks to my mom for watching my son the first few days at her hotel room so I could actually help out and get even more work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make me happy