Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

For our first Christmas in our new house, we really wanted to make things special -- particularly with the sad state of affairs we were in last Christmas (three words: one bedroom apartment). We went out the Monday after Thanksgiving to get our tree and the decorating continued from there. 

We decorated the mantle and hung our stockings with care
switched out the fall decor in the entryway for Christmas decorations
including our new advent calendar which Santa has been putting Hershey kisses in each night
a little craft project I did involving a wood plaque, scrapbook paper, and a lot of decoupage glue & sealer
a snow globe I gave my husband the first Christmas we were together
our giant tree that my camera fails to do justice for
and some of our favorite ornaments: 
a picture from our wedding
  a new ornament from Shore Acres (one of our favorite places to visit on the coast)
 some random pictures my son and I thought were fun to stick in the tree
and of course -- Santa

and this is the tree we put up in our son's room
  He started asking to have his own tree before Thanksgiving.  
How could we say no?

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make me happy