Monday, April 18, 2011

Our Window to the World

aka the Living Room Window Finally Got Some New Blinds

I really had to dig to find some "before" pictures of our blinds because I got overly excited when the blinds arrived and didn't bother to take any pictures... so these are the best I could come up with... you can see in the first picture that there's a gap at the bottom because THEY COULD NOT CLOSE COMPLETELY
After Christmas, I started shopping around a little more seriously for new blinds and we ended up with the 2" premium wood blinds in deep mahogany from Blinds Galore, which is the same company I had ordered the blinds from for my son's room

I took the opportunity to repaint the trim around the window... and the more dirty, white trim I paint in this house, the more I realize the white isn't paint. Someone went to the trouble of priming a lot of the woodwork around the house and left it at that. Needless to say, it looks a LOT better now. 
 out with the old, in with the new!
 and the finished product!
 my goofy husband demonstrating the relative ease with which we can now open and completely close our new blinds
 I love them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make me happy